Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Get Data Array from DMX TExture

A protected forum section for the people testing the upcoming Particle System and all other Features

Moderator: Support

chriss0212

Get Data Array from DMX TExture

Post by chriss0212 » 16 Oct 2017, 13:48

It would be very nice to get the RGB values as array out of the DMX Texture node ;)

Would be very helpfull in some cases.

Thx and Greetings

Christian

Dennis

Re: Get Data Array from DMX TExture

Post by Dennis » 16 Oct 2017, 14:11

Hey,

i have added Tammo to this forum and sent him a link to the discussion... maybe he can help out :)

regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

Tammo

Post by Tammo » 18 Oct 2017, 15:56

Hi,

What are you trying to do with it? I'm reluctant to just add an output array to that node because it's for DMX output, and having people go "yeah, you need that DMX node to access colors from a texture" isn't really sounding like good software design, is it :)

So we also have the new color picker node which does just that but just for one color (but with a selectable pick radius). I could add a node that essentially does what the DMX Texture node does but outputs an array instead of DMX but it'd be nice to know what use cases you imagine.

Tammo

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 18 Oct 2017, 16:31

Hi Tammo
I could add a node that essentially does what the DMX Texture node does but outputs an array instead of DMX but it'd be nice to know what use cases you imagine.
For eg. i think i could use this array to feed it into the Particle Node to use the Array for adjusting the position of the particles. At the moment it is not possible to adjust the position of a particle by a texture.

Or we could use it to send that Data to non DMX devices (there are a lot). I am sure, that i will find several other use cases for that ;)

Greetings

Christian