Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Features

A protected forum section for the people testing the upcoming Particle System and all other Features

Moderator: Support

_aTom_

Features

Post by _aTom_ » 02 Oct 2017, 16:53

Hi,

here are some features i´m missing or like to see.

- Size over lifetime per particle (maybe its inside but when not please add this feature in a easy way!)
- Color over lifetime per particle (maybe its inside but when not please add this feature in a easy way!)
- Alpha over lifetime per particle (maybe its inside but when not please add this feature in a easy way!)

- Scale by speed - If a particle is slow it has the original size - when its moving faster it scales longer in the direction it moves (looks very dynamic and more motion graphics like)

- Lightning for sprite particles and if possible with shadows (meshes with lights & shadows works fine)

More wishes will follow :)

Best regards,
Tom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter
Glare Productions - Full Service
Glare Technologies - Technology Service

Dierk Ohlerich

Re: Features

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 04 Oct 2017, 08:55

* X over lifetime : use the gradient module.
* Scale by speed : use the remap or gradient module. You will need to set a speed that represents the speed for maximum scale.
* lighting: currently the particles are rendered using a simplified material. We will add full material support later, may be there will be a slight performance degradation.

-- Dierk
-- Dierk Ohlerich

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 05 Oct 2017, 12:51

- Scale by speed - If a particle is slow it has the original size - when its moving faster it scales longer in the direction it moves (looks very dynamic and more motion graphics like)
* Scale by speed : use the remap or gradient module. You will need to set a speed that represents the speed for maximum scale.
i dont think this is actually REALLY working..
If i understand it correctly you wanted to have just ONE axis to scale to the direction the particle moves.. like a streak that follows velocity.

i made a ticket for that one :)

best
regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 05 Oct 2017, 16:07

yes i got now the size, color and alpha value over the time ;) Hard to figure out from scratch without reading the manuals ;) my mistake

Here maybe a bug or i did something wrong:
A single alpha texture is currently ignored (only for the alpha channel) - works only when i make a color with alpha gradient for the alpha over age
Also when i have a color with alpha gradient created a tried to put a second alpha texture over it. The second alpha is not working.
Twitter

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 05 Oct 2017, 16:31

yes dennis.

the unreal particle system did this also. Its a bit like faking a motion blur but with another nice result. Like a trial fx.
If you activate the scale by speed then the particles gets longer when its moves fast in one direction.
Could be a function inside the Orientate to Velocity node maybe.
Twitter

stephen

Post by stephen » 09 Oct 2017, 11:34

Hey Tom,

regarding your problems/bugs:
Currently the remap, gradient, math etc. modules take the Red Channel only of a Texture when mapping to a Scalar Attribute (like the Alpha is). This is why it does not work with Alpha Only Textures currently. We will need to change that so that you have control over which channel to use (Color or Alpha - like in the Material Node).

For the other problem, does the Alpha Texture work when the Alpha is not used in the Gradient before? Did you check the Operation Properties on the modules? They may also be set to e.g. overwrite.

Best,
Stephen

zambezi

Post by zambezi » 09 Oct 2017, 14:12

I was wondering if it is possible for the Remapper and MathFX Module to have the size target split up into SizeX, SizeY, SizeZ and SizeAll?

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 09 Oct 2017, 14:28

i created a ticket for the size properties... as well as for the RGBA

regArts
Dee

:ugeek: