- Problem: So on one of our dev machines, we've encountered a very peculiar behavior of the Ventuz renderer where, in a material - texture loader, if we turn off the "GenMipMaps" option, everything appears to be fine, but with the option on (or loaders that do not have that option, so it apparently defaults to be on), the sample seems to be blurred about 2x. This only happens after running Ventuz 5 for "a while" (doesn't seem to be time or workload dependent, but the problem only kicks in after switching scene or alt-tabbing as far as we can tell), and it is designer specific. VPR works fine. We're not sure whether it's Ventuz build specific, but it at least happened on all patches of 5.3. Haven't been able to test 5.4 yet.
What we've already tried:
- It's probably not the hardware spec, since we have 5 machines with exactly the same spec (and the same OS build + GCard driver), and only 1 has the problem.
- System temperature seems to be normal.
- Full-screening doesn't interfere with the behavior.
- Reopening a scene or even a solution doesn't fix the problem, but restarting the designer does.
- Reinstalling Ventuz did not fix the problem, and reinstalling the OS is currently not an option.