Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Value Switch

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Value Switch

Post by Joe Styles » 06 Sep 2017, 12:20

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but when using a Value Switch in the content editor you can't use it to output colours anymore. It's been like this for a while, sorry I've been meaning to report it.
I have been using a colour switch in my repository which still works.

Attached is an archive to illustrate.

Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
Broken switch.vza
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

stephen

Re: Value Switch

Post by stephen » 06 Sep 2017, 15:11

Hey Joe,

you need to bind this to the color property of a Color Value Node. Use Source Binding for that - Drag an Input Property of the Value Switch, Hover over the Color Value Node until the Property Editor jumps to the Color Value's Properties and bind it to the Input Color Property.
You have bound the Alpha Output Property which cannot be parsed to a color value afterwards, thus the black color.

Best
Stephen

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 06 Sep 2017, 15:17

I see, thanks not a bug then :) I'm sure there used to be a small drop down feature if you were binding to a node which had multiple outputs.

Ah well now I know that's great cheers!
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 14 Sep 2017, 14:58

When you drag a binding with the right mouse button instead of the left one, Ventuz offers you to connect to both, input and output properties. I guess this is the little drop down Joe meant.