Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Win mouse and Direct Input mouse not giving the same results

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Win mouse and Direct Input mouse not giving the same results

Post by joysprod » 27 Feb 2017, 14:44

I was trying to detect a right click on a rectangle. I can only get this to function using a Direct Input mouse and yet both Expression nodes have the same expression and both are receiving A=1 and B=1 and yet the outputs are different.

Peter
detect right click.vzs
(10.76 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

lerou

Re: Win mouse and Direct Input mouse not giving the same res

Post by lerou » 27 Feb 2017, 16:16

Hi,

Looks like the changed input (WinMouse R -> Expression A) doesn't update the expression's calculation and output. As a workaround throw a mover into the scene, connect its output to C in your expression. The mover will constantly change the input and force a re-calculation.

Cheers,
rou

Götz_B

Re: Win mouse and Direct Input mouse not giving the same res

Post by Götz_B » 06 Mar 2017, 15:10

Hi,

right, there seems to be sth wrong with the validation mechanism of the Windows Mouse Node. We will check it.
Rou's workaround works - using a mover to force the validation every frame.

But probably you don't need a workaround:

In V5.2 we added Touch Groups. In the Machine Config you could set the right mouse button to a touch group, and then make the Touch Button listen to this group using the TouchGroupFilter property.

Regards,
Götz