Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Crash on Start-up after Update

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Karol

Crash on Start-up after Update

Post by Karol » 12 Sep 2016, 09:54

If you encounter a Designer crash after update to a new version showing following error callstack uninstall Ventuz and re-install it again:
<Report Level="Fatal" Date="2016-09-08T11:26:32.6897981+08:00" ID="Ventuz 5 V5.1.2.128 R14908" Version=" V5.1.2.128 R14908">
<Module>Designer</Module>
<Message>Unhandled exception: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.</Message>
<UserDetails /> <OS>64bit process on Microsoft Windows 7 64bit</OS> <Exception Type="System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException">
<StackTrace> at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() at Ventuz.Designer.VToolBox.AddAssembly(Assembly ass) at Ventuz.Designer.VToolBox.Initialize()
at Ventuz.Designer.Mainform.InitializeWindows() at Ventuz.Designer.Mainform..ctor() at
Ventuz.Designer.Mainform.Launch(String[] args, IDisposable splash)</StackTrace>
After re-install Ventuz should work again.
We are investigating the source of the problem...

dondi

Re: Crash on Start-up after Update

Post by dondi » 01 Oct 2016, 21:16

Windows decided to do the Anniversary Update today, and after the update Ventuz5 no longer works. I uninstalled and reinstalled (latest Ventuz5 version as of today), but still cannot launch. I have attached a screenshot of the error dialog box when trying to launch Ventuz 5. Ventuz4 still works fine on the same machine.
--D
V5Error.jpg

dondi

Re: Crash on Start-up after Update

Post by dondi » 01 Oct 2016, 23:50

UPDATE: Finally got it working. Info below for anyone who upgrades to Windows 10 Anniversary Ed. and has issues.
Besides Ventuz 5 not working, I also had errors when launching Cinema4D R17... Windows gave me a qtguiagent.exe error that stated, MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try reinstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. I did a sfc /scannow that showed everything was ok. I also did a DISM.exe procedure as well. Windows is telling me everything is fine. My next thought was Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package reinstall.. but, before getting to that, I googled a bit and many of the search results had apple involved. I also had the qtguiagent error from Cinema4D, which also told me, QuickTime/Apple, so I decided to launch iTunes on the machine. I don't think I've launched it much, but it immediately told me there is an update and also presented me with a ULA from the current install (I think the Win 10 Anniversary update is responsible for this). Launched iTunes and closed it and then used the Apple Updater to update iTunes. Restarted and all is well with Ventuz5, Cinema4D and iTunes. If that didn't work, I was going to proceed with the MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable reinstall.