Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Framerate Issue

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

gattaca

Framerate Issue

Post by gattaca » 18 Mar 2016, 10:14

I am currently facing the following issue, maybe anyone is able to jump in and help out:

We are running to identical systems, one for the testing purposes and one for production. The only difference between those two systems are the attached monitors. Apart from that they are using the same configuration and scenes.
Both systems are configured to run a dual-screen setup operating in Nvidia Span-Mode creating a total output of 3840 x 1080 px.
In the designer while not in full screen the scene is running without any issues.
When switching to fullscreen the framerate of the scene increases which leads to movies playing back to fast and events being fired with the wrong timing.
The same applies for the scene when it is run in the runtime and in fullscreen.

I did already try to set the framerate in the configuration to 60 instead of using the desktop framerate - additionally I tried different framerates to determine if it changes anything without any success or making a noticeable difference in the behaviour.

If the scene is running in virtual fullscreen the scenes behaves normally but this is not an option for the scene we have created.

The following error / warning messages are being displayed in the message output:
09:25 18.03.2016 Warning: Machine: Creating default Machine Config
09:28 18.03.2016 Warning: Machine: Refresh rate mismatch! Renderer runs on 60.00Hz but the actual refresh rate of the graphics adapter differs by more than 15.71%. Please adjust the graphics adapter settings or specify a refresh rate override in AV configuration to fix this issue.

In the system setting of the PC the framerate is set to 60Hz and indicated as 60Hz.

I noticed that this issue can be reproduced when ventuz is running in a virtual machine (VMware Fusion 8 on a Mac).

Anyone got an idea of how to solve this issue?

BR, Thomas