Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

JSON Array properties to array

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

carlbtv

JSON Array properties to array

Post by carlbtv » 20 Mar 2017, 13:05

The JSON nodes are great!

It would be useful to be able to get access to a given property within an array of JSON objects as a Ventuz array for further processing.

For example, take the following JSON defining a list of generic events:

Code: Select all

{
	Events: [{
			"Name": "Event1",
			"EventTime": 1.23
		}, {
			"Name": "Event2",
			"EventTime": 2.63
		}, {
			"Name": "Event3",
			"EventTime": 4.2
		}
	]
}
If I have some sort of top level controller that's triggering the events, I'd like to get at the EventTime properties as a single float array: 1.23,2.63,4.2

Another example may be data for a bar chart - I need to get at the Min/Max values. For a Pie chart, it would be useful to get the values to work out the total (...even easier if Array Analysis had a Sum property 8-) )

Thanks
Carl

Joe Styles

Re: JSON Array properties to array

Post by Joe Styles » 08 Jun 2017, 15:17

I've only just noticed the edit button on the json parser which I had missed because I thought you had to have all the properties there to update it and not loose any links :)
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel