Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Layer element selection

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Layer element selection

Post by lerou » 27 Sep 2016, 12:53

Hi,

I don't know how to call it. When you want to go into a layer you have to click the little pen symbol. Unfortunately that's really tiny for the action I perform most on a layer. Is it only me or does anybody else actually enter a layer 50x times more often then going to the layer level?

Clicking the symbol is annoying. At least you could add Enter as a shortcut just like it is the case for hierarchie containers. That would speed up things (like after entering the layer's name just double hit enter and you're in).

Thanks,
rou

lerou

Re: Layer element selection

Post by lerou » 27 Sep 2016, 14:03

Oh, while you're at it: also implement ctrl-q for layers :)

stephen

Post by stephen » 27 Sep 2016, 14:23

Hey rou,

also thanks for this one!

First did you try to click a layer with your middle mouse button? This should also work with Hierarchy Containers. :D

Second Ctrl+Q in the Hierarchy selects all siblings of the currently selected node. What would be selected in the Layer Editor, as there are no siblings as such? All layers inside the current Layer Group? Also other Layer Groups? Just want to make sure of that.

Best,
Stephen

lerou

Post by lerou » 27 Sep 2016, 14:35

stephen wrote:First did you try to click a layer with your middle mouse button? This should also work with Hierarchy Containers. :D
I did not. I did now. I think that works for me :) Still want Enter in addition ;)
stephen wrote:Second Ctrl+Q in the Hierarchy selects all siblings of the currently selected node. What would be selected in the Layer Editor, as there are no siblings as such? All layers inside the current Layer Group? Also other Layer Groups? Just want to make sure of that.
Ctrl-Q on layer selects all layers on same level (in same group or at root level). I think layer groups should not be selected, but that might be open for discussion.

Thanks,
rou

stephen

Post by stephen » 28 Sep 2016, 11:41

Hey rou,

Ticketed both: Enter Layers with Enter Key and Ctrl+Q on Layers.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Stephen

lerou

Post by lerou » 28 Sep 2016, 11:46

stephen wrote:Ticketed both: Enter Layers with Enter Key and Ctrl+Q on Layers.
Cool. Hoping for a quick implementation :)
stephen wrote:Thanks again for the feedback!
Oh there's more coming... once I find the time... ;)

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 18 Oct 2016, 13:34

Both, Enter Layers with Enter Key and Ctrl+Q on Layers implemented in V5.2
FEATURE 8088 Layers can now also be entered by pressing ENTER key on a selected layer.
FEATURE 8089 Layer Editor now also support Select Siblings (CTRL-Q)