Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

LUT in Ventuz 5?

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

u-double-u

LUT in Ventuz 5?

Post by u-double-u » 29 Jul 2016, 16:08

Hi there,
is there a way to read and apply LUTs in Ventuz 5 in order to get a colorgrading that has been exported from another software like After Effects, Resolve or so?
Cheers.

UW

dpaniego

Re: LUT in Ventuz 5?

Post by dpaniego » 05 Aug 2016, 11:43

That's a very good question but.. what type of LUT - 1D, 3D??

And more important, which LUT format, because there are a myriad of LUT formats out there like .clt, .csv, .cube, .mga, .m3d, .3dl, .itx, .dat, .txt, and .EE, just to name a few.

Here you have a list of just the LUT file formats supported by Autodesk: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-r ... B-htm.html
And here you have the OCIO (Open Color I/O) LUT formats: http://opencolorio.org/FAQ.html

This will give you an idea of how complex it is to pick up "the right formats", in general almost any Color Grading and Color Management software out there creates their own LUT file format, so it is hard to pick up ones and not others.

In addition, most of LUTs are used for Color Space transformations, and I'm not sure about how this could mess up some of our color related internal calculations.

Finally, where do you want to apply it? I mean, do you want to apply the LUT on import, so all material is converted? To use it as a Layer IPP effect? Or use it for previz only, like many color grading suites do?

just send us your feedback, we will take a look at it, and thanks a lot for your suggestion.

David P

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 18 Sep 2016, 10:43

Hi,
just saw your reply today. If you are asking me personally, .cube would be fine, as used in Afereffects and Resolve, size 32 has worked for me so far.
Maybe you can implement generating and exporting of LUTs as well -once you are at it.
Cheers.

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 18 Sep 2016, 10:45

.... i would like to see it in layer fx.