Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

HTC Vive tracker doesn't work!

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

hsen284

HTC Vive tracker doesn't work!

Post by hsen284 » 14 May 2019, 17:44

Hey guys!
I'm willing to add a htc vive tracker to ventuz to track objects but I don't know how to link it to ventuz
I tried as controller or reference but nothing happened
So what's the right way to add a htc tracker to ventuz ?

here's the link of the tracker:"https://www.vive.com/eu/vive-tracker/"

Dennis

Re: HTC Vive tracker doesn't work!

Post by Dennis » 15 May 2019, 09:57

The Tracker works, you need to use the reference and increase the ID to match it to the Trackers ID.

First set it up in the SteamVR environment and make sure its recognized there. Then use it in Ventuz.

But its working, since i use it personally as well and for Camera Tracking fun ;)

Regards
Dennis

:ugeek:

VincentPix

Post by VincentPix » 29 Jun 2020, 14:52

Hello,
The Vive Tracker is working fine if I've the output on SteamVR but no tracking if I want to display on my Nvidia output. Is there a way to get around ? (I tried a "No HMD" config)
Thanks
Regards
Vincent

lerou

Post by lerou » 29 Jun 2020, 16:52

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 30 Jun 2020, 09:51

Male sure the trackers you use are matching the „lighthouses“ and HMD. I once rented some Vive Pros to try them out but just had my „old“ first generation trackers. They would pair but not track. And they would shut them selves off after a few minutes of inactivity. So I had rented the stuff for nothing but this knowlegde...
The old trackers are the ones with the grey Icon. the newer ones have a blue one.