Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How do I make a line using text?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

robertwinter

How do I make a line using text?

Post by robertwinter » 28 Apr 2018, 23:06

Trying to do a "Fill In The Blank" type of look, but using the underscore character shows differentiation between the underscores (see attached).

Is there a was to make a smooth line of varying length within the Enriched Text node? It needs to be in the text node as I may want to do words *within* the phrase as well.
Attachments
FillInTheBlank.jpg

robertwinter

Re: How do I make a line using text?

Post by robertwinter » 02 May 2018, 04:23

Is this not possible or a bug? Using underscores in this manner works as expected and produces a solid continuous line in programs like Powerpoint and Word.

BTW, the above example uses the standard Arial Black font.

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 03 May 2018, 09:04

We often get this kind of requirement. Sadly there is no way of doing it in ventuz. You will have to tweak your character spacing on the block text node to remove that slight overlap.

What would really help is if Ventuz added alpha support to the enriched block text node, this would allow you to have two text block one with the text faded out and another which faded out the first bit of text and had a solid line following it to represent the blank.
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 24 May 2018, 11:24

Hi...

something like this?

Greetings

Christian
Attachments
DynamicUnderscore.vzs
(7.45 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 24 May 2018, 12:08

Yeah that's one way of doing it but there is no easy way to place a line mid text block. Previously we have had to break down our text into separate blocks and do what you are doing.
I've just noticed though that Ventuz have added alpha support in V6 for the enriched text block so now we can fade out sections of text which will help.. thanks guys!!!
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel