Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Presenter/Runtime always minimize

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

arthamas

Presenter/Runtime always minimize

Post by arthamas » 20 Mar 2018, 21:20

Hi,

How can we make sure the Presenter/Runtime always stays on top and does not minimize when we are using the Director? I am using two screens, one screen with Director and the other one with Runtime.
Should be simple but I don't find it!

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Daniel
Professional 3D Integrator

arthamas

Re: Presenter/Runtime always minimize

Post by arthamas » 22 Mar 2018, 15:04

Hello,

Any idea how to make sure Ventuz Runtime/Presenter application stays full screen when I interact with Director?

Cheers,
Daniel

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 22 Mar 2018, 15:45

Hello and welcome,

basically you would configure to run the Runtime in Virtual Fullscreen.. BUT:

it is not meant to have the playout from the "director control machine".

Usally you would use a dedicated machine to use as the director and have another or more machines do the rendering... (runtimes)

The question is:
What do you want to achieve? :)

RegArts
Dee

:ugeek:

sribas

Post by sribas » 22 Mar 2018, 16:36

arthamas wrote:Hi,

How can we make sure the Presenter/Runtime always stays on top and does not minimize when we are using the Director? I am using two screens, one screen with Director and the other one with Runtime.
Should be simple but I don't find it!

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
This tool will resolve your problem : http://www.ventuz-store.com/en/categori ... irell.html

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 23 Mar 2018, 09:11

This will propably NOT solve the Problem:
since it will lose focus ON INTERACTION!
its not like that the runtime is in stand alone and minimizes because of another process stealing the Focus!

In this case it seems he is running the Presenter and then the Director to hook the director output onto the already started Runtime, which will then lose Fullscreen at every interaction...

arthamas

Post by arthamas » 29 Mar 2018, 15:20

Hi Dennis,

Yes I think you are right concerning WatchSquirrel. I want both the Director and the Presenter running Fullscreen at the same on different screen without any of them minimizing when I interact with one or the other.

To answer your question I just want to be able to test my templates in Director and seeing the output on Presenter on a different screen but using just one machine.
This is a very simple and common use case when developing templates/scenes. I understand that during production this won't be an issue but during the development phase this is essential.
Taking two PC(one PC just for rendering) would be a waste of resource at the office.

So!
How do I configure Presenter to run in Virtual Fullscreen?

Thanks!
Daniel