Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Generating Multiple Geometries

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

nikulparekh90

Generating Multiple Geometries

Post by nikulparekh90 » 07 Mar 2018, 06:40

Hi All,

One of my projects is based on getting images from ipads that users click and populate them on the screen making a collage (which is done).

But we are expecting more than 4000 images to be shown on big screen at once. These means i will need 4000+ geometries in my design and apply texture once i see a new image in the directory. This is very heavy on processing. I really dont know how to code shaders here.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance. :D

Nikul Parekh

u-double-u

Re: Generating Multiple Geometries

Post by u-double-u » 11 Mar 2018, 12:15

Tih is not happening in realtime is it?
In that case you could somehow prepare those images using other software like cinema 4d and then show those images in ventuz.

sribas

Post by sribas » 22 Mar 2018, 16:48

I think there is a possible way with spread use (that will generate geometry with position) and a DIR, to get all your pictures added on a folder.

nikulparekh90 wrote:Hi All,

One of my projects is based on getting images from ipads that users click and populate them on the screen making a collage (which is done).

But we are expecting more than 4000 images to be shown on big screen at once. These means i will need 4000+ geometries in my design and apply texture once i see a new image in the directory. This is very heavy on processing. I really dont know how to code shaders here.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Kindly help.

Thanks in advance. :D

Nikul Parekh

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 23 Mar 2018, 09:23

I think there is a possible way with spread use (that will generate geometry with position) and a DIR, to get all your pictures added on a folder.
Yes, you get the geometry, but how do you get the individual images onto them? One image works fine.
cheers

Agalar Ragimov

Post by Agalar Ragimov » 25 Mar 2018, 07:38

Hi,

Another way to optimize your project is to create sprite sheet texture out of photos on iPad. It could be done by programmer.
You can use Mapping: 2D StripMapper and run through all of them using one single image. Also, if you can save the sprite texture in *DDS format from iPad on computer it will help in optimization and run app smoother than using *JPG or *PNG.

Kind regards,
Agalar Ragimov
Attachments
blocks1.png
Example of the sprite texture in the game industry
*_* - You gotta do what you gotta do (even if you don't like it)

nikulparekh90

Post by nikulparekh90 » 27 Mar 2018, 12:38

Thank you all for you reply. This helps a lot. :D

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 27 Mar 2018, 13:13

I am curious about how you are managing it.

nikulparekh90

Post by nikulparekh90 » 03 Apr 2018, 10:39

Well i managed to convince the client to use 300 images at a time. Life saved. :D
But will still try to use Sprite mapping and see how it works.