Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

FFmpeg audio recording

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Total-Image

FFmpeg audio recording

Post by Total-Image » 28 Feb 2018, 14:33

Since Ventuz is using the FFmpeg code, I'm wondering if it is possible to use the FFmpeg functionality in a C# node.
We want to record all the audio from a line input (RME soundcard) to the local drive. We can run command prompt commands with the FFmpeg command / arguments but whould be nice if we can do it within a C# node using the FFmpeg library

Rogier

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: FFmpeg audio recording

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 28 Feb 2018, 16:04

You can run the ffmpeg application from within a script by opening an invisible command prompt. It's actually only a few lines. When I did that I used to encode a movie while Ventuz is running. But I did not create a separate thread so Ventuz froze for a short time. Didn't matter for me back then. It should work if you run it in a separate thread. Here is more information:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/146 ... t-commands