Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Resizing textures / mipmaps

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Etienne

Resizing textures / mipmaps

Post by Etienne » 27 Feb 2018, 23:26

Hello,

Is there any way to control how Ventuz handles textures that are being stretched/shrunk when mapped onto a rectangle? For example, we have a 100x100 logo that we would like to use on a 400x400 and 50x50 rectangle. The logo will not look good on either, especially the 400x400 rectangle. If we use a 400x400 logo, then it will look great on the 400x400 rectangle but will look improperly sampled on the 50x50 rectangle.

I imagine converting the texture to DDS would generate different mipmaps to handle this but I was wondering if there was a way to do this using Ventuz nodes and have versions rendered for the different sizes we use in our scene.

Thanks for any help you can give us!

Etienne Laneville

lerou

Re: Resizing textures / mipmaps

Post by lerou » 28 Feb 2018, 10:04

Ventuz can generate mipmaps for textures automatically. It probably uses DirectX functionality for that. That might not be the best algorithm for your images. You might want to generate them yourself - or use different images alltogether. This allows you to use a tool like photoshop to create the best results for your content. Automatic algorithms can only do so much.