Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Share presentation over multiple monitors

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

MouseOver

Share presentation over multiple monitors

Post by MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 10:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o9pISLdBgI&t=188s

Hi, I am trying to share a presentation over two machines each one with a monitor following the video.

The monitors are the same. the grafic cards are gtx1080ti and gtx1070.

The control panel for those grafic cards doesnt have the "mosaic option", and as far i understand, only the quadro grafic card has the option. (So i cannot doa video wall with my grafic cards?)

At the moment, in the ventuz configuration panel, the machines can see each other (both are in the same group, one is id 1 and the other id 2), but when i try to arrange a layout configuration the other machine doesnt appear.

thank you

lerou

Re: Share presentation over multiple monitors

Post by lerou » 05 Dec 2017, 11:18

Hi,

Mosaic (nVidia) or Eyefinity (AMD) is required if you've got more than one monitor on a single machine. You say you've got two machines with one monitor each (did I understand that correctly?). So all you need is a cluster. Read this on cluster.

If you've got more than one monitor on each machine, you need to span the desktop. That's also possible with consumer grade cards. It's called surround on nVidia Geforce cards.

However, you might get sync issues since you don't have sync boards.

cheers,
rou

MouseOver

Post by MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 11:46

Thanks. Yes, one monitor on each machine, So i dont need mosaic mode.

This is were I am:
I am using only two machines.

machine 1, Id 1, group 1.
machine 2, id 2, group 1

if I create a new profile on the "Layout configuration for rendering on multiple monitors"(in the Ventuz Config Editor), i dont see the monitor of the other machine (like the guy in the video).
On the Layout configurator editor if I click on the "ADD" sign, i cannot add another machine. what could i be missing?

firewall is unable on both machines for the ventuz port as suggested in the documentation.

MouseOver

Post by MouseOver » 05 Dec 2017, 11:51

I figured it out, on the top corner i wasnt changing the settings in the main group, i was on my local machine. Now its working thanks anyway!

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 22 Oct 2019, 00:59

Good evening,
I have the same problem as you, 2 machines on the same network,
Machine 1 Id 1 Group 1
Machine 2 ID 2 Group 1,
my example consists of 2 parts; Machine 1 Touch Screen, Machine 2 Screen Presentation, but when I run runtime on machines, the presentation does not come alive.
what did not I do please?
thank you

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 22 Oct 2019, 11:25

So samsamtop,

you can see each other from the Configuration Tool ?
can you select the "GROUP" and then go to Live Project Management.. unfold.. select the default scene and click RUN?
This should start the default scene on both machines... just as a test they can communicate to the config and respond...

if that is successfull, start the config editor create a new AudioVideoHardware Device mapping configuration for each machine, and assign the GFX card as output.

Create a Layout Configuration for Rendering on Multiple outputs... delete the single screen, click in the upper left corner on "new" and select 2x1 or whatever...

Save that configuration...

start the default scene.. now the presentation should be spanned over both screens.

regarts
Dee

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 22 Oct 2019, 17:09

Thank you Dennis (my savior),
I did what you told me, and I have my scene divided on both machines. but when I move an element on the first machine the bound object that must move on the screen of the other machine remains frozen.
what should I do. when I test on one machine it works, but it does not work when it is 2 machines.
thank you very much

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 23 Oct 2019, 09:58

Aloha,

one way to do it would be to have 2 seperate scenes and by using OSC.

The one Scene is the Sender (where the touch happens) and sends XYZ or whatever to the Receiver (Second scene) by OSC Protocol.
Please have a look in the users manual about the usage of the OSC Nodes! Just drag& drop an OSC node into the content area and hover over it, press F1 and you get either the Manual or an Interactive Scene. (This works for all nodes!! ;) ;) ;) )

RegArts
Dennis

:ugeek:

samsamtop

Post by samsamtop » 25 Oct 2019, 11:15

Hello and sorry, as I am a beginner I did not know how to do it. thank you in advance for your help.
attached files of the example with osc.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing