Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Movie Clip

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

3D_TUTORIAL

Movie Clip

Post by 3D_TUTORIAL » 31 Oct 2017, 16:28

Hi guys,
is it possible to load multiple video files into a single movie clip?
So that I can select which video is currently running and I do not have to create my whole control setup for every single movie clip.
Maybe there is another way to build it all up. The principle is simply to control multiple videos via a single movie clip.
Thanks for your help

lerou

Re: Movie Clip

Post by lerou » 01 Nov 2017, 11:39

No, you can't load multiple video files into a single movie clip.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, there are different approaches:

you could simply change the filename in the movie clip node. That's possible at runtime and will unload the current clip and load the new one. However this means that for a moment the movie clip won't play as it needs to load at least some data of the new file. You could use this if you're hiding the video surface anyway. You change the video in the background and later make the video visible and start it.

you could (and should) build a video playing container that has all the features you need. Read into interface containers. They are relatively easy to maintain. You then have several instances of that container - one for each video - and build your logic araound that.

cheers,
rou