Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Importing Animations to Ventuz 5

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Naggar

Importing Animations to Ventuz 5

Post by Naggar » 09 Jan 2017, 13:35

Dear Ventuz developers,

I have been trying to get an animated mesh imported on ventuz 5 from 3ds Max using Open collada plugin, but it doesnt work.
Before on Ventuz 4 I used to import 3d mesh (DAE files) to ventuz and I used to get a Keyframe Animation node automatically generated.
I think there are multiple options when importing mesh to Ventuz 5. I'm not sure if it ventuz 5 also can generate a keyframe animation node on the axis' like it did on Ventuz 4 but I noticed that the Mesh Loader in ventuz 5 has a "frame" property in the input. but even animating the frame doesnt work.

I even tried creating a box in 3Ds max and moving it on X axis and exporting it using open collada (Baked animation), but It still didnt work on Ventuz 5, and that same file still works on Ventuz 4 and generates a Keyframe animation node.

Please let me know how I can Import baked animations (with a keyframe node being generated), or how to be able to animate the "frame" property in the mesh loader node.

thanks

Dennis

Re: Importing Animations to Ventuz 5

Post by Dennis » 10 Jan 2017, 08:21

Naggar

Re: Importing Animations to Ventuz 5

Post by Naggar » 11 Jan 2017, 10:19

Thank you Dennis