Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Any Ventuz users out there using NDI in their projects_

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

dpaniego

Any Ventuz users out there using NDI in their projects_

Post by dpaniego » 04 Aug 2016, 15:13

Hi all,

I´ve seen that lots of the recent questions in the forum are related to our new NDI support on Ventuz 5.1, and I was wondering, who is actually using NDI, or thinking about using it, in real projects?

If so, just ping us, we could be interested in promoting it on our marketing communications and social media channels.

Thanks a lot,

David Paniego

u-double-u

Re: Any Ventuz users out there using NDI in their projects_

Post by u-double-u » 04 Aug 2016, 20:37

I'd like to use it soon.
I think it's a great step. But I find it difficult and unintuitive to add the exact input in Ventuz Config. Typing up the name, as found on top the the monitorwindow, including brackets etc. then starting Ventuz just to see, that it sometimes does not work is a little clunky. That little monitor-application does it the way I could imagine. Click and select.
On my system there is no auto-detect, at least not a working one. Can't the selection of the source be handled inside Ventuz? Probably a stupid question, but why not....
cheers,
UW
(probably I am just missing some rightclick-menu-item, I didn't see)

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 07 Aug 2016, 14:01

What you are missing is the "Video Source Selector" node. You do not have to pre assign NDI sources in the configuration editor. Just leave them blank. Then using the Video Source Selector you can assign any NDI source that is available to any of the 4 NDI channels. You do not even have to make a connection from output to input between the selector and the live video node.

I think NDI is amazingly good. We have been experimenting sending PPT on a green background and keying it out. Works very well.

I have a potential use coming up so looking forward to this. I have more tests to do to make sure it is robust enough for our purposes. We have used the RTSP video stream node before to get extra inputs into Ventuz but the rendering suffered badly with more than 1 input. Also suffered a render stall if we lost the signal. NDI seems quite different.

Regards

Peter

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 08 Aug 2016, 07:55

Hi,
you were right. I got it to work the way you described. Thanks for the hints.
cheers
UW