Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Free Animation Control Plugin

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
Robert

Free Animation Control Plugin

Post by Robert » 07 Mar 2014, 22:55

Hey guys!

Following this topic http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3366 we decided to share this Director plugin with all of you.
Please don't hesitate to post feedback and ideas.

This plugin is provided without any warranty of any kind and it is in work in progress status.

To use it in Director:
In Designer
1. Create a "plugins" folder in Ventuz 4 folder and drop this dll file inside.
2. Create your animation in the Designer
3. Connect its Control property to the Scene Data panel and uncheck the flag that define this animation as part of the scene template

In Director
4. Create a Director show using this scene within a custom layout scene for example
5. Add this plugin window (Window>Windows...>New)

In Director Plugin
6. In the plugin window click "Connect"
7. Fill the auto-completed text field you will see in the plugin window with the name of your animation, the name should automatically appear as soon you enter the right characters and click select on the name of the animation.
8. All the connections should appear and you should be able to control them

Robert
Attachments
DirectorAnimation.zip
(18.45 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

Robert

Re: Free Animation Control Plugin

Post by Robert » 10 Mar 2014, 14:25

Thx Alex
As you could understand there is one feature that we would like to add, it is the posibility to continue a connection from a scrubbed time to a state.
Afaik this feature is not available in the API.

R

mofo7777

Post by mofo7777 » 12 Mar 2014, 16:46

Alex Klein wrote:Hey,

nice : ) Great to see some real world usage of the APIs... the auto-completion is a nice touch.

One WPF tip: You should call Mouse.Capture(yourcontrol) when you start dragging of the time marker and call Mouse.Capture(null) when the mouse button goes up again. This way the user can drag even when he leaves the area of the control. Right now dragging stops if you move the mouse cursors above the top or below the bottom of the dragging area.

Alex
Hello Alex.

I'm using Mouse.Capture. Before i made the plugin, i work on a standalone wpf application to make the timeline. Using Mouse.Capture works just fine. The problem seams to be that with the plugin, i use a ListBox (because i don't know the numbers of animation). Mouse.Capture Inside a ListBox does not work as expected. Perhaps of some BringToView or other ListBox events.

I'm trying to find a solution or a workaround.

mofo7777

Post by mofo7777 » 12 Mar 2014, 17:57

Hello.

Indeed, now it works just fine with StackPanel/Scrollviewer/ItemsControl.