Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Forward compatibility....

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

Forward compatibility....

Post by SamTheSwede » 30 Sep 2015, 10:33

For V5 a great feature would be if the presenter could have some sort of proofing of scenes, so that even if a scene is created in a higher version of Ventuz it would be able to play from presenter if no new nodes or features from the higher version is used within the scene.

Perhaps a new scene compatibility tool could be added that validates a scene and tell the user what versions the scene can be run on?

Today, making a small change in a scene that's been running 24/7 for months is a pain since you either have to downgrade your designer machine, or upgrade the presenter machine. I don't know about you, but I'm all for "Don't fix it if it ain't broken" and upgrading a production machine that has been working flawlessly really falls into that category.

I know, this is a huge thing for dev, but please consider it and keep us multi installation users in mind whenever adding a feature that calls for non forward compatibility!

All the best,

Sam