Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Iterator

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

pasto

Iterator

Post by pasto » 29 Sep 2015, 10:51

One of the features that I miss the most is the possibility to iterate objects being able to access their index. To explain better I attach a simple example of how this works in Quartz Composer (of course my intention is not to compare Ventuz with QC which is almost dead).
This feature would allow thousands of creative solutions.
Basically you are already close to this solution with the spread node. It would be really great.
Thanks
Attachments
IteratorExample-01.jpg

lerou

Re: Iterator

Post by lerou » 29 Sep 2015, 12:32

Hey,

you can't "spawn" objects in Ventuz which is one of the major weaknesses. But you can use containers to achieve something similar. Skype me and I'll tell you how ;)

Best,
rou

lerou

Post by lerou » 30 Sep 2015, 07:27

oh, in case this wasn't clear: +1 for this feature from me!

rou

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 26 Oct 2015, 17:21

Hehe. Yep... this is probably our greatest weakness, but it is also something we know has got to be changed!

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 20 Nov 2015, 16:06

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do but will the container information node not help you out? From this you can create containerised instances and access their index.

There is a helpful little menu that not many people know about where you can access by holding the right mouse button when you drag a node. On mouse up you will get the following menu:
Create Instances.jpg
Create Instances.jpg (13.93 KiB) Viewed 9890 times
If you select more you can choose how many instances.

Attached is a little example scene showing how we use containers :)
Attachments
ContainerInfoExample.vza
(48.34 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

errox

Post by errox » 27 Nov 2015, 21:33

Yes.

I am missing that "feature" since the beginning.
It's pain in the ass to interface all containers instead of just changing one base object.
I always need to put some logic into the containers which blocks itself in certain circumstances.....
And you need to know how many of those objects are needed sometime, thus there is always a restriction of count.

It would be nice to have the possibility to init new instances of objects (especially containers) at runtime and to unload those if needed.

Instantiation in Ventuz 5? Please! :)

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 30 Nov 2015, 14:11

Hi errox yes it is a great feature. You know you can also edit one container and if they are interfaced when you copy down you can paste container contents on all the other instances so you only ever have to work on the one object :) Another way to do it would be with sub scenes saving you copy down you just refresh the scene and bang they are all up to date
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel