Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Mac OS Support

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

taurus

Ventuz Mac OS Support

Post by taurus » 20 May 2014, 18:38

It will be great if Ventuz is also available on Mac OS. I find mac stable compare to windows. & we are switch to Mac setup in office and broadcast side.

new mac pro will be great for video wall. it has six TB2 connectors and light weight easy to travel.

Do you have plan in near future to support MAC ?
Wish Ventuz Mac OS support

ErikB

Re: Ventuz Mac OS Support

Post by ErikB » 21 May 2014, 17:44

Sorry, there is no possibility we will be doing an OSX version any time soon. Even in the longer term, it would be highly doubtful. (unless someone wants to give us a very large amount of money to do it...)

The benefits of OSX over Windows for what we do are virtually zero. As to the MacPro, while a nice design, it is not a sensible solution for a video wall at all, either in form factor or hardware specifications.

taurus

Post by taurus » 23 May 2014, 11:32

ErikB wrote:Sorry, there is no possibility we will be doing an OSX version any time soon. Even in the longer term, it would be highly doubtful. (unless someone wants to give us a very large amount of money to do it...)
hahaha .. I wish i had large sum of money I will be enjoying my life instead of coding / doing animation. :D
The benefits of OSX over Windows for what we do are virtually zero. As to the MacPro, while a nice design, it is not a sensible solution for a video wall at all, either in form factor or hardware specifications.
I doubt that. I have been using windows all my life Its really unstable system.Before i jump to mac I tested hackintosh it was more stable then windows.

According to

http://www.amd.com/documents/AMD_FirePr ... eStudy.pdf

I think mac pro having 2x FirePro D700 will be good enough for videowall.
enabling you to connect up to three 4K displays or up to six Apple Thunderbolt Displays.
Anyway Thanks.
Wish Ventuz Mac OS support

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 02 Jun 2014, 16:58

So ignoring the "X is more stable than Y" issue, as there many, many mission critical systems in the world running windows just fine, and our track record is excellent. I have used every operating system under the moon since the mid-80s and they all crash, or don't - depends on how you treat them.

You have hit the nail on the head, though. The MacPro has two D700 boards, no extra slots. For synchronization, even if the D700 should support it (which it doesn't as of now), you would need an S400 sync board - no chance. Also, AMD currently does not support multiple GPU spanning, so that won't work either. Of course the fact it has no redundant power supply, cannot be rackmounted, and any number of other issues means, essentially, that it won't be great. But, if you really like it and want the design, get it, install windows on it and it will work!

If you want OSX, however, that won't be happening any time soon.