Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Configuration Editor "error in XML document..."

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

bastidererste

Configuration Editor "error in XML document..."

Post by bastidererste » 18 Aug 2014, 14:07

Hi,

strange things happen in configuration editor with one of my client mashines.
When i select it from the dropdown list and add a new configuraiton (no matter which!) i get "error in XML document (1, 36041)"
did work before, however...
here's an excerp from the clients log:

Code: Select all

2014-08-18 13:49:16.0 [Info   ]: (App|) Application Ventuz 4 Configuration Editor V4.04.52  started
2014-08-18 13:49:16.0 [Info   ]: (App|) Log output will be written to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ventuz4\Log\VentuzConfig.log
2014-08-18 13:49:16.7 [Info   ]: (App|) Switching selected machine to Machine 229, 0, 0, VZ_CZC2439D6F_BFEBFBFF000206D7_00371-OEM-8992671-00008, 192.168.1.229
2014-08-18 13:49:29.9 [Info   ]: (MainWindow|) Begin editing machine configuration testtest
2014-08-18 13:49:31.8 [Error  ]: (MainWindow|) Unexpected error during menu navigation: There is an error in XML document (1, 36401). Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 36401.
<Exception Type="System.InvalidOperationException">
  <StackTrace>   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at Ventuz.Config.MachineHardware.FromXml(String xml)
   at EditConfig.App.ConfigEnvironment.MachineConfigEnvironment.BeginEdit()
   at EditConfig.MainWindow.OnNavigateTo(Object sender, NavigateToEventArgs e)</StackTrace>
  <ToString>System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 36401). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 36401.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadEndElement()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMachineHardware.Read13_MachineHardware(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMachineHardware.Read14_MachineHardware()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at Ventuz.Config.MachineHardware.FromXml(String xml)
   at EditConfig.App.ConfigEnvironment.MachineConfigEnvironment.BeginEdit()
   at EditConfig.MainWindow.OnNavigateTo(Object sender, NavigateToEventArgs e)</ToString>
  <InnerException Type="System.Xml.XmlException">
    <StackTrace>   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMachineHardware.Read13_MachineHardware(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMachineHardware.Read14_MachineHardware()</StackTrace>
    <ToString>System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 36401.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderMachineHardware.Read14_MachineHardware()</ToString>
  </InnerException>
</Exception>

both, clinet and control mashine run on 4.04.52

basti

Daniel Willer

Re: Configuration Editor "error in XML document..."

Post by Daniel Willer » 20 Aug 2014, 10:31

Can you please attache one of the corrupted configuration files.
They are located in
%HOMEDRIVE%\Users\Public\Documents\Ventuz4\Configuration

bastidererste

Post by bastidererste » 20 Aug 2014, 12:25

I attached the configuration folder... all the files in there caused the error...
Attachments
Configuration.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 277 times

Karol

Post by Karol » 21 Aug 2014, 15:15

This is pretty strange!
Cannot reproduce it here! It could be a problem of the VMS. Did you restart the Client machine and try to edit the config again?
What puzzles me is the error about position 36401 in line 1. 'testtest.vmc' does not have so many bytes at all!

Do you have any new information about this issue?

Best Regards
Karol

bastidererste

Post by bastidererste » 22 Aug 2014, 07:13

I had a look at the log (attached) again this morning 'cause I was concentration only on the latest log entries in the first place, and it seams as if the machine had the exact same issue with 4.03.752 and 4.03.807. It also seams that the position of the error changes: (1, 36339), (1, 54792), (1, 36339), (1, 37059), (1, 59714), (1, 37059), (1, 36401), (1, 60586), (1, 36401)

I've rebooted the machine several times. I also deleted the old configuration folder to let Ventuz create a new one... reinstalling ventuz didn't help neither. As a last resort i'll wipe out and re install the system.
Attachments
VentuzConfig.log.zip
(4.53 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 26 Aug 2014, 08:51

Do you use two network adapters in your machine? If yes try to deacticate one of them.

D

bastidererste

Post by bastidererste » 30 Sep 2014, 12:14

I found out that VMS.exe wasn't running as administrator although it was installed with administrator privileges. :roll: And even manually setting it to administrator didn't help, only if I started VMS with administrator privileges "by hand" it was working. I guess there was something wrong with the user account :? Did a clean install... worked right away.

thx for your help...

b