Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Failed to initialize

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

Carlos

Failed to initialize

Post by Carlos » 16 Sep 2013, 13:12

Hello.

I've tried to install Ventuz4 several times, and every time I have this message when I try to run it.

I don't know if this is a bug or is something relating my hardware, can you help me here?
Attachments
Captura2.PNG
Captura2.PNG (8.95 KiB) Viewed 6700 times
Captura.PNG

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Failed to initialize

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 16 Sep 2013, 13:50

Hi there.
First, you should install the latest version of Ventuz4. They just released a new one.
What graphics card do you have? Is there a seperate video board installed? Do you have your desktop extended on that video board?
How many monitors do you have connected to your system?

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 16 Sep 2013, 13:58

I have a nice nVidia Quadro 5000 on this system.

I've tried to run Ventuz4 on a single display, just in case, and doesn't work either... Ventuz Director works just fine, is Designer what keeps on crashing.

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 16 Sep 2013, 14:10

What kind of monitor do you have connected? And at what resolution? Do you have the latest Quadro drivers installed? (Sorry, had to ask)

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 16 Sep 2013, 14:26

I have two monitors. Both 1920x1080, one connected through a Display Port - HDMI cable, and the other one by DVI.
I've tried to run Ventuz4 on multiple configurations. Both connected, one or the other, and none of them work.

And yep, I have the latest drivers :)

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 16 Sep 2013, 15:52

Sorry, I have no more ideas at the moment. According to your error message it clearly seems to be GPU/video card related, but your configuration is pretty straight forward. Could you test it with just one monitor? Unplug the 2nd one just to be sure.

Karol

Post by Karol » 17 Sep 2013, 13:15

Hi Carlos!

Did you try Ventuz 4.0.1?
If this error still exists in the new version please remove all Audio/Video Input device in the AV Configuration and start Ventuz Designer again:
http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... figuration

Best Regards
Karol

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 18 Sep 2013, 08:46

Hi Karol!

Yes, I've updated it to 4.0.1, still no luck.
Regarding the Audio/Video input device in the AV Configuration, do you mean on Ventuz Config Editor? I didn't set up anything there, but when I try to make a new configuration on the Audio, Video and Hardware Mapping - I think that's what you're talking about -, I get this message: "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".

I'm quite sure is a hardware issue, but I need to solve this, because this is my primary - and only - workstation! :)

Karol

Post by Karol » 18 Sep 2013, 08:55

Hi Carlos!

Which hardware device that are related to audio and video are used in your workstation?

Karol

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 18 Sep 2013, 09:13

Hi!

I have a Blackmagic Decklink Studio, and an Epiphan DVI2PCIe. Could that be the issue?