Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to start ticker in the middle of the screen on the reset

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Jodaine Moore

How to start ticker in the middle of the screen on the reset

Post by Jodaine Moore » 17 Jan 2018, 16:09

How to always start a ticker in the middle of the screen. I am creating a touchscreen where I have multiple texts going from left to right but if I hit the reset button the text starts from the left again. usually, when I am making ticker I call the reset event on scene load(I do this because sometimes the ticker does not scroll). But for this project, I want to use the ticker as a background (with random text) where I am updating the texts at runtime. My aim is to have the text scrolling at all times and the text should always be visible no matter what scene I go to or when I first open the app.

Am I right to just remove reset on load and my ticker will always play no matter what(with no error in the data of course)? So if I close the app, go from scene to scene, fade the text background out, or restart the pc the text fill the screen and scrolling.

Thank J