Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Directory - back

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Samotar26

Directory - back

Post by Samotar26 » 23 Mar 2017, 11:47

Hello,

i would like to ask a simple question.

Im using a movie clip node and its loading movies from directory node. Ive got there like 60 videos. Everything works fine, everything loads, clicking a next everything fine. But my question is:
- i can move forward in the directory using Next button, but i cant find a way how to go a step back in the directory. Since it can happen i can missclick in a show and click next button when i didnt want to, i would like to have a chance to go back one time without having to go through all those 60 videos to get to the one i want.

Since there is no back button, is there some workaround? Ive tried to figure it on my own for few days, had few ideas, but nothing close to what i needed. So far the only way i get what i need is by not using a directory node the way i have been using it, but to use maybe Slider manager where i can go forward and back as i please, but im not sure how much that would affect performance of PC, having 60 movie clips all ready to play when in need.

Thank you for your time and help.

With best regards.

Samotar26

u-double-u

Re: Directory - back

Post by u-double-u » 24 Mar 2017, 09:55

Hi,
you could use a "string indexer", point it to that directory, connect its output (Value0000) to the movie-file-input and then switch between the clips changing the "start" value of that string indexer.
cheers
Uwe

u-double-u

Re: Directory - back - additonal detail

Post by u-double-u » 24 Mar 2017, 11:21

... i meant, point it to that directory-node...., you still need it.

Samotar26

Re: Directory - back

Post by Samotar26 » 26 Mar 2017, 15:27

Yesssss, it works.

Thank you very much, this will save me a lot of problems :)

Now i can finaly change between directories and within directories back and forth at will. Thank you very much. :)

Frankie / Samotar26