Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Loading an image into a presentation during runtime

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Luke47921

Loading an image into a presentation during runtime

Post by Luke47921 » 01 Dec 2016, 12:44

I have a button in my presentation that shows an image which can be selected using my remoting app. My app takes the path of the image, and copies it into Ventuz' image folder, and then sets the scene data to the new path in the Ventuz image folder. This works fine in designer, but when I try to do this in a presentation, the only images that will show are images that are already used elsewhere in the scene.

Does Ventuz do something special when it copies an image over into the images folder? Is there something that I'm doing wrong here?

lerou

Re: Loading an image into a presentation during runtime

Post by lerou » 01 Dec 2016, 13:34

How do you set the path? You should use a URL node with FILE scheme. Use a path like: .\images\myimage.png. The .\ in the beginning makes it relative to the project or vpr. Use the URLs output (local filename) as input for the texture loader.

If you have problems, put a 2D text into the scene, set it to the filename. That way you can see the path Ventuz is assuming even when running a VPR.

cheers,
rou

Luke47921

Re: Loading an image into a presentation during runtime

Post by Luke47921 » 01 Dec 2016, 15:08

That's fixed it, thanks! Instead of using URL with the file scheme I was trying to set the path directly as ventuz://images/myimage.png