Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Uploading in Configuration Editor

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

donLawrence

Uploading in Configuration Editor

Post by donLawrence » 28 Jun 2016, 20:32

I am using a setup with two computers: I am controlling a media server with a laptop.

Using the Ventuz 4 Configuration Editor, I have been unable to successfully upload either a VPA or VPR file from the laptop to the server using the "Upload" button, after selecting a project in the "Live Project Management" section.

I can find no details about this process in the documentation. Can anyone tell me some steps to follow or point out what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you.

Don

Daniel Willer

Re: Uploading in Configuration Editor

Post by Daniel Willer » 29 Jun 2016, 08:38

Hi there,

Do you get any error messages in the Log of the Configuration Editor?

Regards
Daniel

donLawrence

Post by donLawrence » 29 Jun 2016, 17:43

Hi, Daniel:

I'm not getting any errors in the log of the Configuration Editor.

Attached is a screen shot of the Configuration Editor with it's log expanded. This is what it looks like after I've selected either "Telogis Ventuz Test (Telogis Ventuz Test.vzp)" or "Telogis Ventuz Test (BKG.vpr) from the "Live Project Management List," clicked the "Upload" button and selected "Telogis Ventuz Test.vpa" from the resulting browsing box.

Thank you.

Don

Attachments
screen shot configuration editor.jpg

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 06 Jul 2016, 12:09

In your screenshot I see you selected your local machine - in the drop-down on the top right.
If you want to upload it to another machine, you have to select that machine (or a group if you like to upload it to multiple machines)