Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Dynamic Ticker is Inconsistent

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Jodaine Moore

Dynamic Ticker is Inconsistent

Post by Jodaine Moore » 21 Mar 2016, 15:31

I am trying to make a scene where the data comes from the director into the scene.
I would like to format the data like this:

Title, First Team Badge, First Team Abbreviation, Score, Second Team Abbreviation, Second Team Badge, First Match Time Period, Third Team Badge, Third Team Abbreviation, Score, fourth Team Abbreviation, fourth Team Badge, second Match Time period... So I would like to display the current matches... The amount of match to display varies depending on the day.. I have collected and format my data which is below.. This is then past to the data property but when it scrolls across the format is Inconsistent. Some time it works properly some times it do not.. In terms of the data format...

<BlueText Text="OTHER MATCHES"><Badge File="assets://Jumbo/LargeBadges/Team1Badge.png"><WhiteText Text="T1"><WhiteText Text="3-2"><WhiteText Text="T2"><Badge File="assets://Jumbo/LargeBadges/Team2Badge.png"><WhiteText Text="L"><Badge File="assets://Jumbo/LargeBadges/Team3Badge.png"><WhiteText Text="T3"><WhiteText Text="1 - 0"><WhiteText Text="Team4Badge"><Badge File="assets://Jumbo/LargeBadges/T4.png"><WhiteText Text="L">123456789418474

The format is random each time... even with the same data

Daniel Willer

Re: Dynamic Ticker is Inconsistent

Post by Daniel Willer » 29 Mar 2016, 09:30

Hi there

The Ticker Node has different modes. You have to set it to Single or Loop to see the DataString in the right order.
Check the Usermanual for further information.

Regards
Daniel

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 29 Mar 2016, 10:32

@Daniel Willer Hey Daniel ,

The Mode is set to Loop and it is displaying all the values I need but it shows in a random order... It does not show in the order I format it to be! The order Is random each time..

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 30 Mar 2016, 09:30

Is it possible that you have not enough container items? You have to have at least the amount of visual elements +1 to get always a free one that is filled with the new data.

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 30 Mar 2016, 13:17

@Daniel Willer Thanks it works now... I put more than +1 Container extra!!