Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Touch

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

serourian

Ventuz Touch

Post by serourian » 26 Feb 2016, 10:49

Hi all.
I have many concerns for missing important nodes for the touch system in Ventuz which will help us to accomplish things with minimal efforts,since some of us are artists more than programmers. The problems I am having are the following:
1- Touch ripple is very sophisticated. I can't track where the person touched first. Sometime two values change together, one holds the last value ... even tracking with pressure was hard for me... I just couldn't grasp the logic of it yet (although I am a programmer). I would like to have a very very simple node that gives me the coordinates of the first touch on the screen, and always . . No cycling etc . . . as simple as that.

2nd : I would like the touch transform and zoom to work as it should work like all programs do ! that is: where you touch must be the pivot point of the Zooming. Ventuz always zooms only from the middle. And since touch ripple has sophisticated logic, I might never accomplish to assign a pivot to the object I am zooming (definitely Picture like newspaper show).

3- Please, if it is possible,please add an old value field with the A,B,C ... . Is better then always using loop breaker.

I would appreciate a lot if any of these would be accomplished. But PLEASE I would like to get a way for zooming the picture. If you already have a solution please post it, so that we learn from it.

regards,
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ! VENTUZ !

Karol

Re: Ventuz Touch

Post by Karol » 26 Feb 2016, 12:54

Hi serourian!

I understand your difficulties - especially with point 2. We won't make it to fix it for Ventuz 5.0 but hopefully for Ventuz 5.1.
But I don't understand your third point! What do you mean with that?

Best Regards
Karol

serourian

Re: Ventuz Touch

Post by serourian » 26 Feb 2016, 13:10

The 3rd point is : When you use the expression node in the logic, as default it gives you A,B,C,D fields. It would be great if you add a standard non changeable variable called OLD (for example) which holds the last value of the expression, so that I will be able to write an expression such as:

A==1?B:OLD

ie: if A is equal to 1, pass value B. (when value B is passed, OLD will be equal to this new value B.)
else:
if A is anything other than 1, it will stay on the value in OLD.
(I used to work on Quest3D,this was how they made the node).

this way, I don't have to use the loop breaker node to hold an old value in any field.

But my most important part of the question posted above is part 2. This is very important, to have a touch transform node that works like all other picture programs. If you have a ready made solution (Ventuz made scene), I would like to have it.

thanks for the quick reply.