Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz Dynamic Ticker

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Jodaine Moore

Ventuz Dynamic Ticker

Post by Jodaine Moore » 21 Jan 2016, 13:47

I am trying to update tickers within the ventuz designer but when I do it dynamically the Ojbects(Text nor images do not show) I have read the documentation about ticker and when using dynamic ticker mode I have to change the mode to loop when I do that nothing shows.. The ticker performance seem in consistence some time it shows some time it do not.. even in the None mode of the data mode.... My initial plan is to send data to the scene data from a plugin that is being run from the director ... then feed that information to a script and pass it into the ticker.. I have formatted the data using xml and it do not seem to work

Jodaine Moore

Re: Ventuz Dynamic Ticker

Post by Jodaine Moore » 21 Jan 2016, 15:54

What I realise is that if I write the script then bind the node it works fine but if I bind first then write the script it do not work.. I am using the validate method? is there a way around this because I need to feed live input to the script

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 22 Jan 2016, 12:26

can you send a sample vza?

greetz

christian

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 28 Jan 2016, 18:32

Thanks Christian!!! I have resolved This issue. What I did was add some random numbers after the ">" for e.g. output = "<Green Text =\"start" + inputFromDirector.ToString() + "end\">123456";
Forward your email if you would like the working sample scene.

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 21 Mar 2016, 15:35

Hey @chriss0212 Can I still Send the VZA? If yes can I have your email please?

Thomas

Post by Thomas » 21 Mar 2016, 19:27

You can send your vza as an attachment of a post.

Jodaine Moore

Post by Jodaine Moore » 22 Mar 2016, 15:42

If the ticker does not show change the input value on the script... and reset ticker. The problem I am having at the moment is that the Formatting is inconsistent even though the html format is correct in the data properties.
Attachments
Ticker.vza
Tick VZA
(82.43 KiB) Downloaded 267 times