Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Zoom Pivot Problem

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Oligvy

Zoom Pivot Problem

Post by Oligvy » 16 Dec 2015, 10:34

Hello, guys! I have a very big high-resolution picture (map) that is a texture applied to the plane. There is also a touch-node to zoom in/out and to move it. Like a user I can see only the limited area of the picture (the central area of the picture) on my screen. At this step when I zoom in/out the picture, it zooms okay. But when I move to the left (for example) along the picture and try to zoom it from there (not from the central area of the picture) it zooms incorrectly. It looks like its pivot point (around which It zooms) is in the center of the big picture, in spite of the fact that I am trying to zoom in/out it from the left area of the big picture. How to make so that zooming to always be around a point that is between user's fingers?

If it is impossible, please add an option zooming to always be around the point that is between the user's fingers.

(!)OR(!) Please, add an option inside the touch translation node to see coordinates output for the user's fingers. To see where the user's fingers are. When I use the mouse-node, I get coordinates output for the mouse pointer. Where the mouse pointer is. The same thing I need for the user's fingers when he/she touches.

Thanks in advance.

Götz_B

Re: Zoom Pivot Problem

Post by Götz_B » 17 Dec 2015, 10:15

Hi
(!)OR(!) Please, add an option inside the touch translation node to see coordinates output for the user's fingers. To see where the user's fingers are. When I use the mouse-node, I get coordinates output for the mouse pointer. Where the mouse pointer is. The same thing I need for the user's fingers when he/she touches.
You get this information from the touch ripple node.

Regards,
Götz

Oligvy

Re: Zoom Pivot Problem

Post by Oligvy » 17 Dec 2015, 11:34

Thanks a lot for your answer! It works for us!