Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to get proper fill/key using SDI broadcast license

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

robertwinter

How to get proper fill/key using SDI broadcast license

Post by robertwinter » 23 Mar 2015, 17:31

I'm having an issue getting the proper fill out of a Quicktime Animation. I'm using a broadcast license and an AJA Kona SDI board that outputs both the fill and key.

The Quicktime has a fill that is a gradient from white to black. The key is grey, which make it semi-transparent. The fill should pass directly to the output unchanged so it can be externally keyed. Right now, it's keying the animation over black, which is turning it grey on the output.

Is there a shaping setting I should be using on the texture to make this work properly and not effect the key output?

robertwinter

Re: How to get proper fill/key using SDI broadcast license

Post by robertwinter » 24 Mar 2015, 02:22

For future reference, the solution was to use an Alpha Blending node with the associated Quicktime.

Dierk Ohlerich

Re: How to get proper fill/key using SDI broadcast license

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 25 Mar 2015, 11:26

Hi,

I assume you are using internal hardware keying.

I just checked the code, and I found a bug in Ventuz: When using AJA boards, the button to switch between additive and multiplicative keying is inverted. So in order to get multiplicative keying, you must set it to additive. At least until we fix it in the next Ventuz release.

It's a live option, so you can change it on the fly without restarting Ventuz.

If that does not help, then there's something wrong how the movie is decoded or rendered. Use the "Alpha" button next to the render window in the designer to check the alpha output. You might need to play around with the alpha node to ensure the right color and alpha is output. If you are really confused, and this stuff gets confusing really fast, switch to external key+fill, and look at both signals with an SDI monitor.

-- Dierk
-- Dierk Ohlerich