Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Blend black level adjustment with shaping

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

shermanpat

Blend black level adjustment with shaping

Post by shermanpat » 16 Jan 2015, 22:53

Not having luck working with the Shaping and Edge Blend tools being able to boost the black levels where the projectors don't overlap.

Anyone have some pointer as to how this is done?
Thanks.
Sherman
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Re: Blend black level adjustment with shaping

Post by shermanpat » 26 Jan 2015, 19:54

Still not getting this figured out. I am trying to use the Shaping editors Edges to boost the blacks of a Set of points in a layer. But it seem like the ramp editor is only changing where the White level max is, it doesn't seem to boost the black from 0.

In my mind the image below of the ramp editor would have the the blacks lowest value boosted by something like 10%. Am I think correctly and it isn't working or am I mistaken on how this the ramp editor works?
Attachments
black level.PNG
black level.PNG (4.4 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 26 Jan 2015, 20:12

I have been able to boost the blacks on the output as a whole. But I need to be able to boost the blacks for specific regions due to it being some standard RP Screens and Projector mapped items on stage for a different projector end up over lapping slightly in the bottom corner of the screen.

Thanks for what ever tip you may have.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

Dierk Ohlerich

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 03 Feb 2015, 11:18

There is no official way to boost black levels in certain regions, unfortunately. The edge blending can only make things darker (the color from the ramps is multiplied, not added). The color correction only works on the whole screen.
-- Dierk Ohlerich

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 03 Feb 2015, 18:15

Bummer. Then maybe this can be a feature request, but with low priority.

Shop testing I got stuck with LCD, Onsite we have DLP so for the most part this is a non issue. But still a nice thing to have control of in blending and projection mapping.

Thank you for the response!
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 04 Feb 2015, 13:34

Did you see that when you disable 'Use automatic edge generation' you have full access to the edges?
Attachments
shape.png

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 04 Feb 2015, 21:09

Yes, very useful and functional when needing to do custom edge masking. But it only give you white level(or rgb) control of the peak level.

The extra level of control that would be nice to have added is if you could have black level or bottom end of the Curve Editor control how Low the black goes. As in the picture I posted before the blacks would really be about +5%(grey) and white would go to 100%. Most pro level projector with native edge blending have some type of control for this, but not with as good of tools for customization of points.

So if you are dealing with LCD projectors you can set the custom edges so that when ventuz is black that region is actually sending a grey(+5%). So that the black of the non projector overlap area matches that of overlapped blacks.

Thanks for the response and listen to the our ideas.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive