Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Myo DLL update?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

shermanpat

Myo DLL update?

Post by shermanpat » 18 Nov 2014, 16:36

So Thalmic has updated their SDK and Firmware, which is not compatible with the old SDK stuff.

Anyone out there wanna share an updated DLL with the Beta 6 SDK update?

I hope to learn and get my self all set up to do so my self. But that will take some free time in my schedule...

https://www.thalmic.com/blog/myo-beta-6 ... ost-171114
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Re: Myo DLL update?

Post by shermanpat » 24 Nov 2014, 23:35

Well I am happy to say I now can make this DLL on my own.

Took a while to get all set up, learn some C# and use Visual Studio for the first time.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 25 Nov 2014, 11:47

Cool! That is the reason we don't normally add those kind of dll's to projects- we then have to stay on top of other people's dev cycle.

Feel free to share it on here if you have a DLL that you have working.

How are you liking the Myo?

-E

zoidberg

Post by zoidberg » 26 Nov 2014, 07:35

Hi Shermanpat,

how did you create the C# wrapper class from the c++ myo api?

Regards,
Zoidberg

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 01 Dec 2014, 00:57

As briefly mention in the Myo example video on the Ventuz YouTube page you can use the Unitypackage as it is C# code.

I used upu.derfunk.com to unwrap the Unitypackage.
Then brought all of the .CS files in \Assets\Myo\Scripts\Myo.NET folder in to Visual Studio and wrapped and signed that in to the .DLL.
Had to update the C# code in ventuz as the new SDK has changed ArmRecognized to ArmSync and ArmUnsync.

I am still working on updating and cleaning up the code but it is passing data to ventuz again. I am happy to share a scene but want to know where it goes so PM me if you want it.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 04 Dec 2014, 01:10

Of course right when i get the code updated and looking good. Thalmic updated the SDK with more changes, but for the good it seems.

Eric I am liking the thought of where the myo can take some of my projects. But its just not as user friendly as it needs to be to hand over to a client yet in my opinion.

With the new V7Beta SDK the lock gesture "Pinky to Thumb" to "Double Tap" which they say "The idea with this gesture is that you simply tap your thumb to your forefingers twice in quick succession. This is much easier for us to detect reliably, and harder for a user to do accidentally." If the locking is more seamless I think it could be closer to client ready.

I have just got the DLL and C# code all updated, but don't have the device with me to do any testing.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive