Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Blend two textures together

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Pingpony

Blend two textures together

Post by Pingpony » 07 Oct 2014, 18:20

Hi everyone,
I've just started with Ventuz a several hours ago and encounter a little problem that confuses me.

Let's say i have a texture (1) and wanna combine it with texture (2) with normal blend mode, that one, that use only higher level layer and completely overrides pixels beneath it. However, if I just connect one texture after another, with Shading set to default (3) occurs. I've tried Texture Mixer and Alpha Blending nodes, but no luck at all.
The closest result is when the Shading mode on the second texture is set to AlphaBlend, however, it looks like it's completly ignore material properties and lights (4).

Here the node order, if it matters

Hope this makes any sense :)

lerou

Re: Blend two textures together

Post by lerou » 27 Oct 2014, 17:12

Hi,

a bit late, but is this what you're looking for? Just use the linear interpolation for the texture blending operation.

rou
Attachments
texture_blend.vza
(136.89 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
tex_blend.png