Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Touch Paint Copy

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Saddi78

Touch Paint Copy

Post by Saddi78 » 23 Jun 2014, 16:34

how can i copy the touch paint node to a cluster maschine? i want to draw on one machine and see se result also on the display of the other machine.

Götz_B

Re: Touch Paint Copy

Post by Götz_B » 25 Jun 2014, 10:04

Hi,

what do u want to achieve? The same on both machines? What touch device do you use?

Götz

Saddi78

Post by Saddi78 » 26 Jun 2014, 06:31

On the First machine i have a Acer touchscreen. Her i have a touchinterface with the paint Node. Her i can change Color, size etc. On the other machine i have a projector. Her i only want to Show the live clone from the paint Node and a different Background. Everything Works except the clone from the paint Node. The machines runs in Cluster Mode

Chris

Post by Chris » 29 Jun 2014, 14:24

Hey,

You could render the touch paint into a render target and add it as a texture to 2 overlay rectangles, one for each instance.

chris

mrp_d

Post by mrp_d » 29 Jun 2014, 21:19

Attached is an example for referencing the TouchPaint-texture...
Attachments
TouchPaint_Example.vza
(20.15 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 02 Oct 2014, 03:36

Just looking in to doing a similar project and want to make sure I am thinking right on how to set up the project and scenes.

Windows tablet used at Touch Paint interface. Wifi connection need to be portable.
Video wall cluster running show graphics, with live paint(delay is ok) rendered on region of screen.

I am guessing that the touch paint texture will not work well or at all across a system like that? Should I just output tuio/touch data from the tablet via OSC? Is there another way to receive the touch paint in put data that i am missing?

Also looking to be able to use director as show control for both.

Thank you for any pointers you might have.
-Sherman
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

sheRRin

Post by sheRRin » 31 Mar 2015, 08:42

Hi,
Wanted to do the same as your project, thinking of exporting the texture through OSC, but im still new to everything.
Wonder if you have done it successfully, still struggling here.

Regards.

lerou

Post by lerou » 31 Mar 2015, 09:05

sheRRin wrote:.. thinking of exporting the texture through OSC,..
OSC image only supports very small images. Don't ask me up to which size, but there is a limit and it's not very high. So that approach might not help you.

cheers,
rou

sheRRin

Post by sheRRin » 06 Apr 2015, 09:50

Hi,
But is there any other way in drawing on one machine, and have preview on another machine?
Thanks