Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Audio crosspoints

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

Audio crosspoints

Post by SamTheSwede » 26 Mar 2014, 15:17

I cannot add audio crosspoints when using internal hardware keyer, the only option to specify crosspoints is when I choose internal SW keyer, and in that mode, my scene doesn't render, only bg-video on the output.

Same issue in 4.02 and 4.03

SDI board = DeltaCast Hd-key-22

Bug or is it me that doesn't understand the config editor?

// Sam

Dierk Ohlerich

Re: Audio crosspoints

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 27 Mar 2014, 09:36

With the deltacast keyer, you can only choose to either loop through all ancillary data from the input or replace all ancillary data with new ones. It is not possible to mix audio. Although the next Deltacast drivers & SDK (5.15) will have a feature that allows selective overwriting of ancillary data, that doesn't allow audio mixing, too. I assumed that overwriting all ancillary is not so useful and did not provide possibility to put an audio crosspoint on internal keying.

None of the board we support feature a hardware audio mixer (Deltacast, DVS, Datapath, Black Magic).

The only way to really mix audio is the software keyer. Here the audio is read, mixed in software and written out. So we should find out why that's not working.
-- Dierk Ohlerich

SamTheSwede

Post by SamTheSwede » 27 Mar 2014, 10:09

OK, my bad! Had a recollection of me mixing audio in the HW keyer mode, but apparently it was made in SW keyer mode.

Anyway, for some reason the scene doesn't render in SW keyer mode. can I send you a .vpa too see if something in the scene prevents it from rendering, the machine used for this is a VBOX, not the latest ones, but anyway, I don't think it has to do with performance?

// Sam

Dierk Ohlerich

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 28 Mar 2014, 09:08

The next Ventuz Version - 4.03.03 or 4.04.00 - will contain a bugfix solving this problem with the software keying.
-- Dierk Ohlerich