Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

how to connect IP Camera as a live video texture in Ventuz 4

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Yonggang

how to connect IP Camera as a live video texture in Ventuz 4

Post by Yonggang » 05 Mar 2014, 10:14

Hi guys , i wondering how to connect an IP camera as a live video input in Ventuz. Anyone can help ? thanks !

Yonggang

Daniel Willer

Re: how to connect IP Camera as a live video texture in Vent

Post by Daniel Willer » 06 May 2014, 11:07

Hey there,

Ventuz 4.04 that will be released in a couple of weeks will have a movie stream node that will support stream formats. It will work with some IP-Cams but not with all because most of them do not provide a movie stream but Motion JPGs that need to be pulled.

chrisyan

Post by chrisyan » 18 Jun 2014, 04:19

I tested 4.04 versions of the streaming media NODE
Streaming media FLV format will pause and frame repetition.

And want to know what IPCAMERA is testing available, and relatively easy to use. it will be better if sound support.
Thank you

Dierk Ohlerich

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 20 Jun 2014, 08:04

FLV's like youtube streams are not live streams, and can be viewed with the normal movie clip node. Youtube is acting like a file server, you can seek and pause videos.

IP-TV streams are real live streams, you can not seek or pause them. To view them, use the movie stream node.

If you use the wrong node, you will get a very obvious stuttering. Sorry for this inconvenience, but unfortunately we can not reliably detect this automatically.
-- Dierk Ohlerich