Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render Targets

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

coasterherb

Render Targets

Post by coasterherb » 09 Oct 2013, 10:29

Hi,
since I just started on learning the software, my problem may be easy to solve but I just do no find the solution. I'm just trying to understand the tutorial projects and so far everything is fine. Then I tried to just recreate the Tutorial and just wasn_t able to find out how I bind a Render Target to a texture of a cube.
Thanks a lot for your help

Götz_B

Re: Render Targets

Post by Götz_B » 09 Oct 2013, 11:01

Hi,

you can not bind a texture to a Cube Node directly. To apply a texture to a cube, put a Texture Node in front of it. The Texture Node has the Input Property called Texture to know which texture to apply. There you can bind nodes that provides a texture like Texture Loader, Live Video, Movie Clip.... or in this case a RenderTarget.

Select both, the RenderTarget and the TextureNode in the Hierarchy Editor using Shift+LeftMouseButton to see both of them in the Content Editor, so you can bind them.
If there is already a texture provider bound to the texture node, unbind it.

Regards,

Götz
Attachments
Texture.png

coasterherb

Re: Render Targets

Post by coasterherb » 09 Oct 2013, 11:25

Thanks a lot, for helping me out. It works now