Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Embedded Audio in SDI signals (AES-EBU)

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

strohmy

Embedded Audio in SDI signals (AES-EBU)

Post by strohmy » 03 Sep 2013, 10:30

Hi Everybody,

I need to know how Ventuz handels embedded Audio in SDI input Signals (AES-EBU). And in this case how Ventuz handels this Audio signals on the output side. On the output side I also need to know how Ventuz works with Display Port outputs (Audio) and also in the Broadcast version via SDI out.

I hope this is clear enough!

Thx so far

Dierk Ohlerich

Re: Embedded Audio in SDI signals (AES-EBU)

Post by Dierk Ohlerich » 03 Sep 2013, 11:59

With Ventuz 4, you can mix any supported audio input to any supported audio output.

For instance, you can use a Deltacast, Blackmagic or DVS SDI board for input and route the audio to a windows audio device, like a monitor. Or you can get audio from a sound-card and send it to SDI outputs.

Ventuz4 handles audio as stereo pairs. An SDI board has 8 pairs, a monitor usually one pair. 5.1 surround can be handled as 3 stereo pairs. Each stereo pair can be routed and mixed individually, and the volume and balance can be controlled through Ventuz nodes.
-- Dierk Ohlerich