Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Projecting part of the screen to different part of screen

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Samotar26

Projecting part of the screen to different part of screen

Post by Samotar26 » 19 Jan 2020, 12:01

Hi everybody.

Im gonna have a conference where im gonna use 4K resolution, then its gonna be split with different device into 4x FullHD. Im gonna use one of those Full HD for mapping on led screen, then one output for TV (which is gonna show what is exactly on LED screen, but in different room). And then other 2x FullHDs for different parts of LED mapping.

So my question is:
Is it possible to, lets say, "record" part of the 1st FullHD and project it to 2nd Full HD (on full screen for the TV) so i wouldnt have to create everything twice but with different sizes for each screen? (that would take up too much of performace for basicly no reason so im trying to find out the easiest way how to do it for me and for the computer)

The only thing that came to my mind is by spliting it in configuration editor and then moving the 2nd screen over the 1st sreen, but then it would be affected by mapping for led screen. (LED screen is gonna use only part of the FullHD, while TV needs to use full resolution - strech it)

I hope i explained it in an understandable way.

Thank you for any help, really appreciate it.

With best regards.

Frankie / Samotar 26

lerou

Re: Projecting part of the screen to different part of screen

Post by lerou » 20 Jan 2020, 08:58

Use a render target, render the larger aspect (let's say your LED is 16:10, your Screen is 16:9, then render 16:10) and then map the result to your two outputs the way you need them (crop 16:10 to get 16:9). This will also help you with different resolutions (one output would be scaled, naturally).