Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

New to Ventuz - Testing Inside Designer

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

athertoc

New to Ventuz - Testing Inside Designer

Post by athertoc » 18 Apr 2016, 13:29

Hello.

This is probably a very simple answer for someone, but I've been following the tutorials and help to create a animation for which I'd like to see a value change on transition, for example when clicking the down arrow in the data scheme and selecting to change on the same state with a different value. I get the change animation but how do I set it up to see with a value change? The tutorial demonstration doesn't seem to do what it says it should!

Thanks

Chris

stephen

Re: New to Ventuz - Testing Inside Designer

Post by stephen » 20 Apr 2016, 11:39

Hi Chris,

I'm not really sure about what you are trying to achieve.
But as far as I understand you want to create Templates for the Ventuz Director. You created an Animation for a Template and bound some properties to the Animation Data in the Data View of the Animation Editor.
The problem is that you cannot test the change of a value bound to the Animation Data inside the Ventuz Designer since the changes will be applied directly and not during the next Take of the Template.

If this is so:
The bad thing is: This is indeed not possible. The (somehow) good thing is: These values always change during a single frame. With the help of the Data Marker (press M in the Timeline View to place it above the red Slider) it is possible to define during which frame all the values should be updated. So generally this should be done in a frame when these changes do not affect the Scene on-screen. To test this, you need to open your Templates inside Director. But since there is no real tweaking necessary it might be enough to set the Data Marker at the said point in time.

If you still want to animate the change of the values (e.g. interpolating to the new value of a Bar in a Chart) you can use the Math Effect Nodes: http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/V4_0 ... fects.html

Did I understand you right? Does this help?

Stephen

athertoc

Re: New to Ventuz - Testing Inside Designer

Post by athertoc » 20 Apr 2016, 15:42

Hi Stephen, thanks for your response.

Yes you understand perfectly. I think I maybe took the video tutorial and documentation too literally...

http://www.ventuz.com/support/tutorial- ... ate-engine at 5:45 I now see is a transition in the video itself, I thought it was possible to preview the animation and the change happening at the Data Marker. I will use Director to view.

Thanks again.

Chris