Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Cinema 4D Dynamic Link

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

Cinema 4D Dynamic Link

Post by gabrielefx » 25 Oct 2015, 09:28

Hi all,
I watched the IBC video demo.
I think that Ventuz 5 will be the always dreamed version.
I'd like to see more videos to understand if through Cinema 4D I can export rigged assemblies.
For example I would like to see how to interact with a motor engine animated and rigged in C4D.
What happens if I change the animation in C4D, if I move or duplicate the keyframes? Everything is baked?
Also...
Does Ventuz 5 support realtime 3D shadows? I don't mean the layered 2d shadows.
And...what about dynamic HDR illumination? How it works? Is it comparable to the IBL rt engines?

regards

ErikB

Re: Cinema 4D Dynamic Link

Post by ErikB » 28 Oct 2015, 12:56

lots of questions...

so V5 is still only approaching Alpha, no information is rock solid and subject to change.

a) the C4D integration is for geometry and UVs only at this stage. You can bring animation across, but you have to bake it (essentially a mesh sequence, but all done automatically with one click) - to change it, you simply re-bake it. Rigged assemblies, only the mesh, of course, no rig - and animation would need to be baked. There are a bunch of very good technical reasons for this, but too much to post here. Remember this is the first incarnation of the integration, we obviously will continue working on it, and we have lots of ideas for improvements already - and it isn't even released yet.
b) Shadows. Well. The idea is yes, BUT, we are rapidly approaching cutoff deadline for new features, so we may need to wait for a point release for that. Reflections are already in and working, however (in a pre-alpha sort of way). Shadows will come as well, and hopefully sooner rather than later.
c) HDR illumination yes. Obviously, it is not the same as a raytraced PBR/IBL system, but it is very good, and certainly comparable to other RT systems. It supports HDR IBL and Roughness as well as specular/gloss, so is also a quasi-PBR system. Certainly plenty good enough for the things people would want to do in Ventuz and the new engine leaves us plenty of room moving forward to improve and grow.

PS for anyone interested, we will be hosting a Webinar on V5 with close look at all the features, look at the website to register!

-E