Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Texture Color Picker and Load Dropframe

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

arthamas

Texture Color Picker and Load Dropframe

Post by arthamas » 16 Apr 2015, 22:37

Hi guys,

Here's my situation.
I have an unknown number of logos with the .tga type with alpha in them.
The alpha is hiding the part of the texture where I need to pick the color from so instead of picking the color I'm moving the image in clamp mode in 1000 in x and -1000 in y so I get a full color at the end which works.
There's two issues.

-I would like to use the picking of color but it does not work since the color I need is full transparent.(Currently changing the mapping of two images(Current and Previous Image to get a crossfade of color))
-Both solutions drop frames when loading the image in ventuz. I tried Async mode but you see gray for a while before the texture actually gets loaded. I don't wanna convert those images into .dds since I won't be the one making the rest of the images later on and I don't know how many images are there.

Any solution?
Daniel
Professional 3D Integrator

Karol

Re: Texture Color Picker and Load Dropframe

Post by Karol » 17 Apr 2015, 09:22

Hi Daniel!

Do you have a small demo scene/archive for us so we can reproduce your issues easily?

Best Regards
Karol

arthamas

Post by arthamas » 17 Apr 2015, 20:30

Hi Karol,

Here's the logo I'm trying to pick the color from. I need to pick the top left color but can't get to it since this part of the image is transparent.
Loading this logo 512x512 with .tga format is jittering my renderer in my scene.

Daniel
Attachments
FLAT_CFB_FOSTER_FARMS_BOWL.rar
Tga logo with color I need to pick at the top left of the logo.
(10.63 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Daniel

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 19 Apr 2015, 11:36

Hi there.

Funny enough I am working with exactly the same kind of TGA logos. :) I also have to grab the color from the outer image edges and (luckily) did not encounter any problems. Switching images did not cause frame drops when Async mode was activated. I loaded the images from a network drive and it was still fine.

I am pretty sure it must be something else. What Ventuz version are you using? I'm on V4.06.01.35. I uploaded a simple Ventuz scene that uses your image, reads out the color from the top left corner and uses the color on a background rectangle. It matches the color when picked in Photoshop and also outputs 0 as the Alpha value as it should.

Chris
Attachments
LogoColorPicker.vzs
(7.49 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

arthamas

Post by arthamas » 21 Apr 2015, 16:06

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the feedback. I actually found out just after posting on the forum how to properly use the Color Picker feature. It works.
My issue was mostly the loading time when on Async mode that was too long. I fixed it by waiting until the image was loaded before triggering the animation.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Daniel
Daniel