Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Remoting with Ventuz 6 - Cue Errors

Here you can share your work with other users.

Moderator: Support

Meldur

Remoting with Ventuz 6 - Cue Errors

Post by Meldur » 14 Feb 2019, 12:40

Hello Ventuz Team,

I have a big project for a TV Station. 6 Machines with the current Ventuz version with 12 ports. I've wrote a tool using your Remoting SDK. When I try to cue a template, it works - take - works - clear - problem! After that also the cuing of other templates failes. The error message is:

Cue/Take/ClearGet DataItmes faild: Received TakeInfos are inaccurate (The separate takes of the machine returned different durations)

This only happens, if I have multiple machines in one cluster. If I have only one machine, it works. I also tried with the latest SKD samples, but the same.

Do you have any idea? We're a little bit lost right now.

Thanks,
Meldur
Attachments
VentuzRemotingCue.jpg

Karol

Re: Remoting with Ventuz 6 - Cue Errors

Post by Karol » 15 Feb 2019, 10:22

Hi Meldur,

are you sure that the projects and scenes on all machines are identical?

Best Regards
Karol

Meldur

Post by Meldur » 15 Feb 2019, 10:41

Hello Karol,

yes, I'm absolutely sure. If using Director, it works but not with the SDK.

Best,
Meldur

Karol

Post by Karol » 15 Feb 2019, 17:44

This is weird because Director also uses the Remoting 4 API like Remoting Demo application.
Probably Director just ignores this error but I doubt that.
It could be somehow related to the take duration calculation but I have no idea how.
Do you have the same the same Format settings in the Region and Language configuration of Windows?

Best Regards
Karol

Meldur

Post by Meldur » 18 Feb 2019, 14:29

I see, that the Remoting.dll from Director is newer than the DLL form the latest SDK but also with the new DLL I've got the same error. Because I'm just using the default project "Remoting 4" I think it's not a question of the implementation. It's allmost happen after the first take. If I cue two templates without a take in between, there is no error. If I'm using only one machine per cluster (so I'm using 3 machines with 3 cluster for testing), it works fine.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Meldur