Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Galactic Spectrum

Here you can share your work with other users.

Moderator: Support

tkozjak

Galactic Spectrum

Post by tkozjak » 10 Apr 2016, 11:55

This presentation is based on a 'Multi wavelength Milky Way' PDF by NASA (http://mwmw.gsfc.nasa.gov/images/mwmw_11a.pdf).

Visible light makes just a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum. Many space phenomena - like cosmic rays, supernova remnants, pulsars and ionized interstellar gas produce electromagnetic radiation in many different wavelengths - longer and shorter than those of the optical spectrum and thus invisible to the naked eye. In this presentation user can browse panoramas of The Milky Way galaxy based on several space and ground-based surveys conducted by NASA and other scientific institutions.

Galactic spectrum

Karol

Re: Galactic Spectrum

Post by Karol » 13 Apr 2016, 09:02

Look great!
And a pretty rare application of Ventuz as it is usually not used in scientific visualization.

Cheers
Karol

_aTom_

Post by _aTom_ » 14 Apr 2016, 10:50

nice presentation and very informativ. runs very well, too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter
Glare Productions - Full Service
Glare Technologies - Technology Service

tkozjak

Post by tkozjak » 15 Apr 2016, 11:45

Karol wrote:Look great!
And a pretty rare application of Ventuz as it is usually not used in scientific visualization.

Cheers
Karol

Thanks Karol. I was wondering how much is Ventuz used in sci and pop-sci viz.

As we live in the age of Big Data, visualization tools are becoming more and more important. We found Ventuz easy to use and it's integration of common data file formats extremely useful.

Currently I am working on a 3D map of all confirmed exoplanets ( as I type this the map is probably being presented at a conference dedicated to big data ). I found out that exploring data this way is not only useful for visual information but for detection of poorly formatted data entries. :)

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 15 Apr 2016, 14:18

:shock:

amazing work!!!

*hats off*
regArts
Dee

:ugeek: