Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Protoplanetary disc and planet formation (WIP)

Here you can share your work with other users.

Moderator: Support

tkozjak

Protoplanetary disc and planet formation (WIP)

Post by tkozjak » 22 Oct 2015, 21:11

A few screenshots from presentation titled From Space Clouds to Planets about formation of planets and planetary systems.
It was quite a challenge to depict volumetrics and particle dynamics, but I've managed to fake most of it with lots of HLSL programming. Single precision floats were a big problem when I was modelling the Solar System because of it's orders of magnitude.

Lots of stuff in the presentation are still placeholder objects, and there is some debug text too. :)

System forming nebula:

Protoplanetary disc:

Flattened disc with planetesmals and a forming planet:

Half-formed system with lots of planet-size collisions:

Our system - planets are scaled proportionally (enlarged around 300 times):

Scaled Sun and planets (Zemlja=Earth) - just to illustrate and compare sizes

The presentation was intended for Third Croatian Science Picnic, but unfortunately the picnic was delayed and ultimately cancelled. We are still working on it and hopefully will present it in the public some time soon. Later, when we add some info texts and additional vids and pics, we will make it freely available via download.

ErikB

Re: Protoplanetary disc and planet formation (WIP)

Post by ErikB » 26 Oct 2015, 17:17

Very nice! When it is done, can you put a clip up on Youtube? I would love to see it animated!

tkozjak

Post by tkozjak » 31 Oct 2015, 19:56

ErikB wrote:Very nice! When it is done, can you put a clip up on Youtube? I would love to see it animated!
As soon as possible. I tried to capture it with Fraps, but FPS was too low and everything looked so clunky.

Karol

Post by Karol » 02 Nov 2015, 10:24

Looks cool!
You could use the Ventuz Render-To-Disk functionally for the capturing - but it does not capture sound!

Best Regards
Karol

tkozjak

Post by tkozjak » 15 Feb 2016, 14:16

https://vimeo.com/155369022

So, I finally managed to find some time to screen-capture it, convert it to video and upload it.

It's still labeled as 'work in progress' and probably will stay that way, because we decided to split it into three different presentations: one about electromagnetic spectrum of our universe, one about formation of stars and planetary systems and one about our own solar system.